- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 7-8 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup pasta sauce
- 1 cup cherry/grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 teaspoons capers
- ¼ cup black olives (pitted)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon crushed red chili flakes
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- zest of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 9 oz dried pasta (orecchiette or penne)
- In a pan, heat oil and sauté crushed garlic until golden brown.
- Add pasta sauce, paprika, crushed red chili flakes and cumin powder.
- Cook for about 10 minutes until sauce thickens. Stir occasionally.
- Add grape/cherry tomatoes, capers and olives into the sauce.
- Add salt and sugar.
- Cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir in half chopped parsley.
- Add lemon zest.
- Boil pasta as per instructions on the packaging.
- Once pasta is cooked, stir pasta through the sauce.
- Garish with drizzle of olive oil, grated parmesan cheese and remaining chopped parsley.
Recipe by DiMare Fresh’s Deepa Dayal