Job Type: Seasonal, with potential for year-round employment
DiMare Ruskin has an immediate job opening for a Manager in our Tomato Shipping Department. This position is seasonal from October 15 through June 15. It encompasses travel between our Ruskin FL and Homestead FL locations.
- Primary job duty entails Ripening and Shipping of tomatoes
- Communicates and effectively manages our shipping department, employees and forklift drivers
- Effectively communicates daily with the Sales team including: Sales Manager, Assistant Sales Coordinator, VP of the company, Customers and Truck Drivers
- Travel is required. Our Ruskin operational fall season starts October 15 and runs through January 15. Our Ruskin spring season is April 15 through June 15. Our Homestead season runs from January 1 through April 15.
- The job entails 7 days a week as we typically ship 7 days a week. Seasonal hours generally entail 12+ hours a day during production time and 5-8 hours a day on the weekend or during non-production days
- Dependable work attendance and safe work habits
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- Effective communication skills
- Computer skills a plus
- Forklift experience is a plus
- Produce industry experience is a plus
- Bilingual preferred but not required
Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org