- 1 cup heirloom cherry or grape tomatoes, washed and halved
- 1 cup Florida Avocado (green skinned), peeled, seed removed, and diced into large chunks (about ½ an avocado)
- 1 lb Florida Stone Crab Claws (hint- ask the fishmonger to crack the shells for you)
- 2 tbsp. minced red onion
- ¼ cup whole grain mustard
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine halved tomatoes, diced avocado, and minced red onions.
- Carefully remove the meat from the crab claws. Try to remove the meat in large chunks. Make sure there are no pieces of cartilage. Remove carefully with a sharp knife if so. Add to vegetable mixture. Chill until ready for service.
- In a small bowl, combine mustard and vinegar. While whisking, add the oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Chill until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve add dressing as desired to the salad. Gently toss with a large spoon or spatula. Adjust seasoning. Serve on chilled plates. Serve extra dressing on the side for dipping.
Yields approximately 1 quart of salad and 1 cup of dressing.
©2020 Chef Jennifer M. Denlinger www.FloridaChef.net