- ¼ lb spaghetti, preferably whole wheat
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup of cherry or grape tomatoes (approximately 10)
- ¼ cup of pasta cooking water
- 3-4 leaves of kale, stems removed, and torn into approximately 1 inch pieces
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper, or to taste
- 1 tbsp. finely grated parmesan or pecorino cheese
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- Cook pasta per package instructions, minus one minute. Before draining, carefully remove ¼ cup of cooking liquid and save for sauce.
- In a sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add tomatoes add sauté by swirling the pan until the tomatoes are blistered and browning.
- Add garlic and kale. Sauté until garlic is fragrant and starting to toast. Add cooked pasta and crushed red pepper. Toss well. If desired, crush tomatoes slightly with the back of your spoon. Add pasta water and heat.
- Add butter, cheese, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Turn off heat and toss gently until butter is melted and sauce is creamy.
Serves 1 as an entrée, 2-3 as a side dish
©2020 Chef Jennifer M. Denlinger www.FloridaChef.net