- 1 sheet puff pastry, defrosted and unfolded
- 1-2 of garlic minced fine
- 5-6 vine ripened tomatoes, or as many as is needed
- 1 oz. soft goat cheese
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- 5-6 basil leaves, shredded
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Completely defrost the puff pastry before trying to unfold it. Lay it flat and prick it all over lots of times with a fork. Place on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper in the oven for about 10 minutes until the dough is starting to set some.
- Wash and slice the tomatoes thin, about 1/8” thick.
- Spread garlic over dough, then lay out tomatoes so they don’t overlap too much. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place back in oven for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the tomatoes are beginning to shrivel around the edges and the pastry is brown and flakey.
- Remove from oven, and sprinkle with the cheeses. Put back in oven for just a few seconds to melt the cheeses.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with herbs. Let cool slightly before cutting into squares.
Makes 12-16 pieces (or more) depending on how you cut it.
©2020 Chef Jennifer M. Denlinger www.FloridaChef.net