- Chunk of hearty bread
- 1 whole clove garlic
- 1 tbsp. bacon fat
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 small Florida Tomato, diced
- 1 tsp. chopped parsley
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F or broil and toast or broil bread to desired doneness. Remove from oven and take whole garlic clove and rub over crusty bread.
- In a small sauté pan, melt the bacon fat over medium high heat. Add the cheese and allow to melt. If needed, stir to ensure even melting.
- Pour out onto toasted garlic bread. Top with diced tomatoes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Eat immediately.
©2020 Chef Jennifer M. Denlinger www.FloridaChef.net