- 3lbs fresh tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 garlic head, top sliced
- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 5-6 basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 4 cups of stock
- salt & pepper
- ¼ cup cream
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Gently toss tomatoes and onions with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Place on baking sheet. Spray olive oil on top of the exposed side of the garlic bulb and add it to the roasting pan. Sprinkle salt & pepper on top of the vegetables. Roast for 30-40 minutes.
- Squeeze out garlic flesh from bulbs. Add garlic, onions and roasted tomatoes in a blender with a cup of stock.
- In a pot, heat remaining olive oil and butter. Add pureed vegetables. Pour over remaining stock and let it come to a boil.
- Add the herbs and pour cream. Let it cook for a few minutes.
- Taste for salt and pepper.
- Serve with side of grilled cheese or toasted bread.
Recipe by DiMare Fresh’s Deepa Dayal